Saturday, August 06, 2005

Haiku

silent echo
the forgotten dream stirs
morning breaks the night

I think I'm stuck on haiku. Momentarily.

frozen tear
falls, shatters
broken heart beats no more

That one is old. A cynical me. I like the imagery though.

frozen tear falls
letting go the broken flowers
renewed by spring rains
tomorrow rises from yesterday's ashes

Maybe that isn't connected too well. Whatever. Moving on.

I suppose I enjoy poetry because it's like painting with words. Of course not all of my paintings work out either. Sometimes the imagery works and sometimes it's just a mess of awkward shapes and haphazard colours. Whatever. Moving on.

Last night was too warm. If it's that bad again I'll use the airconditioning. Usually leaving the window open at night is enough. Closed during the day, of course. Strange that I was thinking Walla Walla heat to be more bearable than Port Elgin or even Toronto heat. At least it's not humid here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home