Sunday, August 07, 2005

Poetry

Why do I write poetry
How does it change the world
You tell me it sounds nice
Do you really mean it
Or is it just something nice to say.
I like the way the words sound
When I read them to myself
Reading silently the rhythm
It resonates with the shapes
The swirls of ink on the page
Each black line makes a sound
Poetry of the flowing pen
Out of the pen flows poetry
Effortless and straining for meaning
The paradox captivates me.
Released from meaning
You tell me it sounds nice

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

The first letter of each line makes each letter of the first line... I don't know where I came upon this form. Maybe this form came upon me. The letters don't have to be the same as the first line. It's an obvious way to put subliminal text into a form that is a poem.

i.e.
Letting go the boundary of me
Outstretched and seeking
Vulnerable to be stronger
Escaping a world of one

10:47 PM, October 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a very informative blog here! Great job. I have a pool table slate site. It pretty much covers pool table slate related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

10:48 PM, October 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home