Saturday, October 01, 2005

Snow In October

No camping. Day hike. We went up to Oregon Butte and it was awesome. Well, I liked it at least. The drive was great, nice windy gravel roads with puddles to splash through. My 4Runner is muddy to prove it. Anyway, it was drizzling when we got to the trailhead and the trail was pretty muddy which made the climb all the more strenuous. (My new Kelty backpack seems to be doing pretty well. I loaded it up and decided to see how well it fit, and do a little conditioning too...) Once we got up farther the rain turned to snow and the pessimist of our number mentioned we might think of heading back... *ha*ha*ha* ...turn back...riiight... so we kept going.

There's this lookout shack/hut? at the top of Oregon Butte, but it's locked up since the fire season is pretty much over. It'd probably be fun to camp out up there sometime if the weather is good. Anyway, the snow was falling really well up there with nice big flakes. It was only about 1-2ºC (35ºF) so the snow probably won't stay. Even so, I'm looking forward to a promisingly snowy winter.

Good weekend so far...I should see if I can get another date with that hot girl from last night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home